PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING FOR SMALL TO MID-SIZED EMPLOYERS
PFC helps employers to avoid making costly hiring mistakes. We provide nationwide pre-employment screening services for all types of employees, from licensed professionals to factory workers. We also provide background screening services to corporate staffing agencies.
PFC combines an old-fashioned concern for quality with cutting edge technology to provide comprehensive and accurate background checks. There are significant differences between PFC’s background checks and those offered online by many background screening companies.
The PFC Difference
- Information quality is what sets PFC apart from many pre-employment background screening companies. We have our own network of professional court researchers who we dispatch to courthouses throughout the U.S. In addition, we subscribe directly to many state databases, and we also utilize premium commercial databases for our background checks. We pay more for our information than the cut-rate services offered online because we do not compromise when it comes to information quality. In April 2012, the National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) published a scathing criticism of the level of inaccuracies and lack of accountability of the background screening industry.
( http://www.nclc.org/issues/broken-records.html ). According to the report:
With the explosive growth of this industry, it is essential that the “Wild West” of employment screening be reined in so that consumers are not guilty until proven innocent. Currently, lack of accountability and incentives to cut corners to save money mean that consumers pay for inaccurate information with their jobs and, thus, their families’ livelihood.
While consumers pay for inaccurate information, companies also pay by wasting time and losing qualified applicants who have falsely been accused of having a criminal record.
- We perform the data entry and our reports are hand-prepared. The background checks generated by many of the large online firms are essentially untouched by human hands. Much of the data is gathered robotically via web-scraping technology. Once the client enters the data, there is no quality review or analysis to determine whether the information identified is valid. Consequently, there are frequently false positives and false negatives.
- Our reports clearly define what was checked, where the records were searched, over what period of time, and the results are described in plain English.
- Our clients are able to call us and speak to a knowledgeable staff member whenever there is a question about a background check.
- Our credentials in the background screening industry are impeccable. We are a founding member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), a charter member of the Public Records Retrievers Network (PRRN), and a member of the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP), the California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI), and the Concerned CRA’s (CCRA).
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- Bank of England Consolidated List of Financial Sanctions
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- OSFI Terrorism Financing
- DTC Debarred parties
- European Union Consolidated List
- FBI Hijack Suspects
- FBI Most Wanted
- FBI Most Wanted Terrorists
- FBI Seeking Information
- FBI Top Ten Most Wanted
- Interpol Most Wanted
- United Nations Consolidated List
- Terrorist Exclusion List
- Unauthorized Banks
- Non-cooperative Countries and Territories
- OFAC Sanctions Programs and Countries
- OFAC's Specially Designated Nations & Blocked Persons
- Politically Exposed Persons
- Primary Money Laundering Concern (PMLC)
- World Bank Debarred Parties
Legal Issues for Pre-employment Background Checks
Regardless of the type of search being conducted, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) imposes limitations on the information that can be included in a background check and the types of disclosures that must be made to applicants and employees. FCRA is applicable regardless of whether or not a credit report is included in the background check. In addition, state laws impose their own limitations on employment and pre-employment background checks. PFC’s background checks are compliant with FCRA and all applicable state laws. For information regarding FCRA and some of the relevant laws please click here.
The types of checks included in a background profile vary in accordance with the type of position that the applicant is applying for, as well as the employer’s budget. If your company would like to set up an account with PFC, please go to the contact PFC form and provide us with information regarding the size of your company, what state your business operates in, and how many background checks you will need so that we may provide you with customized rates based on your location and instructions on moving forward.
NOTE: If you need less than 10 background checks you can go to our Request a Background Check page and get started immediately.